Monday, September 13, 2010

Potier


Chris Coad's distinctive work

Phil Elson's ceramic bowls

Irianna Kanellopoulou colourful works explore issues centering around identity

KANELLOPOULOU

KANELLOPOULOU


IRIANNA KANELLOPOULOU

Potier is a new retail space dedicated to the work of local Australian ceramic artists located in Albert Park. Owner Judith Buckeridge saw the need for local artists to have a space to show their works - and encourages people to turn towards hand-made objects to be part of their everyday. I totally get it - I recently invested in some Samantha Robinson ceramic coffee cups, and it really makes my coffee more enjoyable. I love holding the irregular shaped cup in my hands. It's funny if I know I'm having a cup on the go I just go for my regular cup, but if I'm taking the time to sit and enjoy I always use my hand-made cup. Try it for yourself and see!

29 Mills Street
Albert Park, VIC 3206
Ph & Fax 03 9645 7158


All images: Potier

1 comment:

  1. Dude thanks for the awesome inspiration for my ceramics classes! They are beautiful (although I am a very long way off producing anything like them...) xxx

    ReplyDelete